Pear Smoked Hassleback Chicken with Applewood Cheese, Mexicana Cheese, Chorizo and a herby rub.
- Chicken Breasts
- Mexicana Cheese
- Applewood Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese
- Chopped Jalapenos
- Herby Rub
- Dried rosemary.
- Ground cumin.
- Ground coriander.
- Dried oregano.
- Ground cinnamon.
- Pear Wood
- Make your rub by combining your rub ingredients.
- Make about 5 slices evenly space along each chicken breast, cutting about half way through.
- Rub the chicken with the herby rub.
- Chop slices of cheese to the right size to fit into each slice mark of the chicken. Insert Mexicana then Applewood and then repeat along the breast.
- Now put chorizo in every other slice mark.
- Cook on an indirect heat and add pear wood to your fire. Cook for around an hour until the chickens internal temperature reaches 75C/165F.
- Combine the cream cheese, jalapenos and bbq sauce then cover the chicken with it and return to the BBQ for another 5-10 mins.