- 350g butter
- 250g golden syrup
- 2 tbsp 60g cacao powder
- 1 tbsp smoked ground coffee
- 120g dark chocolate (broken up into chunks)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g ready to eat dried figs (chopped into chunks)
- 450g digestive biscuits (crunched up in rough chunks)
- White chocolate chips and 250g dark chocolate to decorate
- Melt the butter combine with the golden syrup in a saucepan.
- Once it is fully melted remove from the heat and stir in the cacao, coffee, dark chocolate and vanilla.
- Add the biscuits and figs to the silky smooth chocolate mixture.
- Line a brownie tin with baking paper and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Press it all down firmly then allow to cool and put it in the fridge to cool for a few hours, ideally overnight.
- Finally melt down you chocolate for decorating and pour it over the cake then sprinkle with some white chocolate chips.