with Jalapeno Tartar Sauce
You can’t beat a fish finger sandwich! In fact back in February Birds Eye searched for the UK’s most innovative and attention-grabbing fish finger sandwich creation, I wish I had been around at the time as this recipe is a real winner!
- 400g Cod Loin
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Italian Mixed Herbs
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ tsp Yeast
- 150g White Bread Flour
- 150g Wholemeal Bread Flour
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 170ml Water
- 5 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Chopped Capers
- 4 tsp Chopped Gherkins
- 2 tsp Chopped Jalapenos
- 1 tsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- First we will make the dough for the bread and allow it to prove. Put all your dry ingredients in a bowl then add the wet ones and knead into a dough.
- Separate the dough into 10 to 12 small balls and leave them to prove in a warm place for at least 2 hours for best results.
- Next make your tartar sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside ready for later.
- Mix together the garam masala, paprika, mixed herbs, garlic powder, salt & pepper. This is your rub/seasoning.
- Cut your fish into the desired fish finger size, I think just under an inch wide is best.
- Squeeze the lemon juice all over the fish and then sprinkle the rub mixture over the top.
- Get your UUNI up to a high temperature ready to make your breads.
- Hand stretch you bread to be about 3 to 4 inches long and an inch and a half wide.
- When your UUNI is up to temperature cook you breads in batches, maybe 3 at a time turning each one after around 15 seconds.
- Once you have made all your breads put a cast iron sizzler pan with a small amount of oil in to heat up.
- Using a heat proof glove or tongs remove the cast iron pan from the UUNI and place 3 or 4 fish fingers in the pan and return to the UUNI for around 1 minute.
- Once your fish is cooked slice open your breads add a little tartar sauce and a fish finger.