You all know I live a good burger, well the quest for the ultimate burger continues. Here is my festive treat the “Jingle Burger”
So what is it? It’s a Turkey & Smokey Bacon Burger, Brussel Sprout Slaw, Oak Smoked Cheddar, Pancetta Weave, Cranberry Sauce and topped with a pickle and pigs in blankets.
- 500g Turkey Thigh Mince
- 4 rashers of Smoked Bacon (finely diced)
- 1 Egg
- Bacon flavour crisps (I used popcorn crisps as they are gluten free) (crushed)
- 250g Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Carrots
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tbsp South Carolina BBQ Sauce
- Oak Smoked Cheddar
- 16 rashers of pancetta/streaky bacon
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pigs in blankets
- Seeded Brioche Buns
- 4 Wooden Skewers
- Make your burgers by combining all the burger ingredients together then shape them into burgers using yours hand or a burger press.
- Finely grate the sprouts and carrots then combine in a bowl and add the vinegar and South Carolina BBQ Sauce.
- Now you need to create some bacon weaves. For mine I use 4 rashers of pancetta cut in half and stretched out for each weave. This makes them the perfect size for the burger.
- Now smoke your burgers in your BBQ at around 225F until they reach an internal temp of 165F.
- Put your bacon weaves onto some foil and put them in the BBQ until they are nice and crispy and cook your pigs in blankets.
- Then bring off the burgers and put them onto a hot skillet and cook for a few minutes each side, then add your cheese to the top and cover with a closh for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Time to build the burger.
- Layout the base of the bun.
- Put on the Sprout Slaw
- Next add the Burger
- Then the bacon weave
- Now the cranberry sauce.
- Finally push a wooden skewer through the pig in blanket and through a pickle and then straight through the burger.
- YUMMY! Enjoy 🙂