A marrow is a cucurbit, which means it is from the same family as a squash and courgette. The marrow is actually a courgette that has been left on the plant to grow for longer. Marrow has creamy flesh, edible skin and seeds that are a very mild flavour.
- 200g of mixed mushrooms e.g. Shiitake, Buna-Shimeji, Shiro-Shimeji, Eryngii, Oyster mushrooms, Enoki, Golden Enoki, Maitake.
- Red Onion
- White Onion
- Cumin Seeds
- Cayenne Pepper
- Jalapeno Salt
- First lay the marrow on its side and cut the top off (just under the top 1/4)
- Now put the marrow in the smoker for about 30 mins at around 250F. This will bring the moisture out and also add a smokey flavour to the flesh of the marrow.
- While the marrow is in the BBQ roughly chop the other ingredients and fry them in a pan for until the moisture is fried off and the veg are soft.
- Take the marrow off the smoker and stuff it with all the veg you have fried off.
- Return the marrow to the smoker for another 30 mins.