I love making my own sausages. I have a meat grinder and sausage stuffer attachment for my KitchenAid. It is great fun and you can make whatever flavours you like. This halloween I was trying to think up things to make from my kids pumpkin leftovers that was the usual pumpkin soup. Hey presto Pumpkin Spiced Halloween Hotlinks.
- 100g pumpkin (purée)
- 200g braising steak
- 500g shoulder
- 500g belly
- 80g applewood (tiny cubes)
- 100ml of your favourite ale.
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Sausage skins
- Dice up your meats and then put diced meat through the mincer a couple times.
- Add all the other ingredients a bit at a time then mix it all then add another bit, ensure you have an even spread of all the ingredients.
- Stuff your sausages as per your sausage stuffer instructions.
- Once the sausages are made allow them to rest in the fridge for a few hours or preferably over night.
- Smoke your sausages for a couple hours at around 220F.
- Bring your BBQ temperature up to a higher temp around 350F for the last 30 mins.