A Cobbler is a dish familiar in United Kingdom and United States, consisting of a fruit or savoury filling poured into a large baking dish and covered with a batter, biscuit, or dumpling before being baked.
- 3 Cooking Apples
- 200ml Water
- 150g Fresh Cherries
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 100g unsalted butter (softened)
- 150g icing sugar
- 150g plain flour
- First create your topping. Combine all the topping ingredients in a mixing bowl using your finger tips.
- Kneed the ingredients until you form a dough.
- Place the dough in the fridge until required.
- Prepare your BBQ for indirect cooking around 365F/185c.
- Cut the apples into small chunks and remove the pips.
- Cut your cherries into quarters and remove the stones.
- Put a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add the apple, cherries, sugar and water to the saucepan and stew for about 10 mins or until the fruit is all soft.
- Pour the fruit mixture into your dish ready for the BBQ.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and crumble it into small balls and sprinkle all over your fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle the Dizzy Pig – Pineapple Head Rub onto the top.
- Put the Cobbler into the BBQ for about 20 mins.
- Serve hot with some clotted cream!