Lamb is one of my favourite meats. My best friend is a sheep farmer in Bishopsteignton and produces amazing tasting grass fed lamb. If you can cook lamb on the BBQ and impress the farmers then you are doing well! This should help 🙂
- Shoulder of Lamb
- A Handful of Fresh Mint
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 an Onion
- A Thumb Size Piece of Ginger
- 2 Cardamom Pods (Ground)
- 3 Rashers of Streaky Bacon
- Olive Oil
- Food Safe Butchers String
- Setup your BBQ for Indirect (Snake Method).
- Finely chop your mint, garlic, onion, ginger and cardamom and mix it all together in a small pot.
- With a sharp knife cut about 3 or 4 cuts into the top of your lamb, about 1cm deep.
- Rub some olive oil all over the lamb.
- Now rub your mint, garlic, onion, ginger and cardamom mixture all over the lamb and into the cuts in the top of lamb.
- Tie a few pieces of food safe butchers string around your lamb and then wrap the bacon under the string laying the bacon over the top of the lamb.
- Place the lamb on the BBQ and cook until the internal temperature is 70C/160F cooking times will vary depending on the size of the meat mine took around 4hrs.