Sometimes my wife and I go love to eat vegetarian food. One of our favourites on the BBQ is Halloumi cheese or as the kids call it ‘squeaky cheese’.
- Halloumi Cheese
- Green Cabbage
- Pak Choi
- Bamboo Shoots
- Water Chestnut
- Red Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Handful of Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil
- Cast Iron Wok
- Setup your BBQ for Direct Cooking, you may want to leave an area with no coals just as good practice incase you need to move the food to a cooler area of the grill.
- Chop all your veg ready for the stir fry.
- Put your wok onto the grill and put some Olive Oil in to heat up.
- Put your Pine Nuts in to toast for about a minute before adding all the veg.
- Add the Smoked Paprika.
- While the stir fry is cooking cut your Halloumi into about 1/2 cm slices and put them straight on the grill turning after a couple of minutes.
- Keep the stir fry moving around in the wok.
- Serve the stir fry in a bowl and then place the Halloumi on top.