Pulled Pork is something everyone loves on the BBQ. My kids love it when I do Chinese flavoured pulled pork.
- Pork Shoulder
- 4 Tablespoons of Chinese Five Spice
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- Olive Oil
- Mix 3 tablespoons of the Chinese Five Spice with the Garlic Powder, Ground Ginger and Onion Powder in a small bowl creating a rub.
- Cover the Pork Shoulder with a small amount of Olive Oil then rub your rub all over the meat.
- Put some clingfilm over the Pork and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably over night.
- Setup your BBQ for Indirect (Snake Method).
- Place the Pork on the BBQ and cook until the internal temperature is 90C/190F cooking times will vary depending on the size of the meat mine took around 4hrs, if your meats temperature stops rising then you might need to wrap it in foil.
- Once the meat is cooked wrap it in foil and let it rest for around 30mins.
- Now using two forks or some bear claws pull the meat apart.
- With the 1 tablespoon of Chinese Five Spice you have left over sprinkle it all over and stir it into the meat, this give the meat a really good final burst of Chinese flavouring.